|| | |||Browse by category|
How to have JViews Javadoc show in Eclipse ?
All JViews products are delivered with corresponding Javadoc. It is thus possible to configure Eclipse to show Javadoc relative to JViews jars so that will help you in your development when using the edit assistant.
For all JViews products (Charts, Diagrammer, Entreprise ...) the javadoc is located at
There are two ways you can configure JViews Javadoc in Eclipse.
First way is in your project properties, in the java build path, you can expand the JViews jars that are added under the Libraries tab and specify a Javadoc location for each of them by clicking on the Edit button and browsing to the directory containing the javadoc for this jar. For example, for jviews-framework-all.jar, point to [jviews-framework87]dochtmlen-US efjavahtml
The other way is to define a user library which you will be able to reuse in other projects. This solution has the advantage that you will define one user library for each JViews jar and specify the javadoc location for the jar only once. Then when you reuse the jar in another project, you do not have to specify the javadoc location again. It is already part of the library.
Here is how to proceed:
- Select your project in Eclipse and open its Properties in the popup menu.
- Go on the Java Build Path, and select the libraries tab.
- Click on the "Add Library" button
- Select "User Library" and click Next
- Click on the "User Libraries" button to define a new library
- Click on the "New" button
- Enter a name for the library. For instance JViews Framework, which will point to jviews-framework-all.jar.
- Click on the "Add jars" button and navigate to where jviews-framework-all.jar is installed on your computer. Click Open to associate the jar to the library.
- Now the library appears in the form of a tree with the associated jar.
- Select "Javadoc location" and click the "Edit" button to specify the javadoc location.
- Navigate to jviews-framework<release>/doc/html/en-US/refjava/html (containing file index.html) and click OK twice
The javadoc for the JViews Framework is set.