|| | |||Browse by category|
http://www.kbpublisher.com - http://www.kbpublisher.com
[b]text[/b] - Bold text.
[u]text[/u] - Underline text.
[i]text[/i] - Italic text.
[color=green]text[/color] - Colored text.
[url]kbpublisher.com[/url] - kbpublisher.com
[url=kbpublisher.com]text[/url] - text
[email]email@example.com[/email] - firstname.lastname@example.org
[h1]text[/h1] - Caption text.
- item 1
- item 2
- item 1
- item 2
What are the different filtering techniques available with JViews TGO?
1. Filtering at the Adapter Level
The idea is to set a filter to an adapter so that only the business objects that meet the criteria specified in the filter are transformed into representation objects.
Modifying the filter associated with an adapter to which a number of representation objects have already been added causes a (possibly large) number of representation objects to be created or destroyed.
The main advantage of setting a filter to the adapter is that it significantly improves memory consumption, since it avoids creating a great number of unnecessary representation objects.
This filtering mechanism is available through the following API:
- Doc umentation:
- Programmers documentation > Graphic components > Network component > Network component services > Filtering
- Programmers documentation > Graphic components > Equipment component > Equipment component services > Filtering
- Programmers documentation > Graphic components > Table component > Table component services > Filtering rows
- Programmers documentation > Graphic components > Tree component > Tree component services > Filtering the tree nodes
- Sam ples:
2. Filtering at the Controller Level
- Although the filtering functionality at the controller level seems to overlap with the filtering functionality at the adapter level, the memory consumption side effects are not the same.
Changing a filter attached to a controller simply alters the internal state of the graphic component so that the business objects in question are not displayed. It does not lead to the creation or destruction of the representation objects.
This filtering mechanism is available only for the
IlpTablethrough the following API: